Monday, February 18, 2008

Just Words!

Wow! Barrack Obama sure did lose the last news cycle before the Wisconsin primary. If all you are good at is speeches, and you are lifting your speeches without giving credit to the author, Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts, then what are you? I can’t believe the Messiah, Barrack Obama, did not have a writer who could come up with his own words for the Junior Senator from Illinois to use. It is one thing if everyone knows that you are referencing something that is someone else’s. If you say, “I have a dream,” there is no need to give credit. If John McCain or Hillary Clinton says that they “are fired up and ready to go,” there is no need to give credit because everyone knows that that is a shot at Barrack Obama. But I would say that not that many people know who Deval Patrick is. That is the difference. The Barrack Obama phenomenon is the biggest religious movement since the Goreical brought us global warming. Barrack Obama preaches about “changing business as usual.” This means that he is going to be held to a higher standard then everyone else. I guess Barrack Obama works in mysterious ways.

2 comments:

Jasmine Hernandez said...

Although I am not an Obama supporter myself, I believe that this was a cheap shot that Hilary campaign took against Obama. The lines that were reused are famous, and speech writers constantly quote other individuals, especially famous motivational speeches. Additionally, Obama is a writer. He ahs written two books by himself and is known to be quite eloquent with his words. Not to mention he was on the Harvard Law Review. I believe this was a bit of an overreaction towards Obama.

SB said...

I agree with Jasmine on this. I think that people are waiting for their opposition to slip up, and any slight mistake or questionable instance is blown up by the media, and often out of proportion. Deval even stated that he and Obama are friends and often discuss and exchange ideas. It clearly in my point of view was not an attempt by his campaign to steal a speech, but an attempt by others to try to weaken public opinion of Obama in an area that he is noted for performing well in.