Monday, April 28, 2008

McCain Health Care

"I've made it very clear that what I want is for families to make decisions about their health care, not government, and that's the fundamental difference between myself and Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton," McCain told reporters in Miami, Florida, referring to the two remaining Democratic presidential candidates, Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

"They want the government to make the decisions, I want the families to make decisions," he said.

During a speech at the Miami Children's Hospital in Miami, Florida, McCain said he was ready to take on the "parochial interests" in health care and challenged doctors, hospitals, drug manufactures and insurance providers to do a better job of holding down costs.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/28/mccain/index.html

I think that McCain has a strong point by arguing that families and individuals should be responsible for making decisions regarding their health care. I dont think that the government making all the decisions for the people is the correct way to go about solving the health care problem.

No comments: