Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hoping these candidates actually deliver on their promises

We have spoken for months about the importance of this election, and I just hope we make the right decisions when determining our candidates for the presidency, and ultimately our president. I was watching BET the other day, and Usher was being interviewed. Instead of asking the generic questions about his new music first, he was asked why he supported Obama. He said that Obama seems best suited to take this country in the right direction. I'm probably one of the few Democrats still really torn about who would be a better candidate, but I do think that Obama has a lot of promises to keep if he is elected into office.

Every candidate makes promises, but I think considering the importance of this campaign, the promises are even more important. Obama has been heralded as a great uniter of the people, a voice of change. It is a fresh and inspiring perspective, and one that could be amazing for our country in theory. I just worry about his ability to deliver on his promises. I hope we can unify and I hope we can be a better nation both within our borders and to the world as a whole, but we've been duped by poetic words in the past.

All we have right now is time and time only brings more questions. Every week the media digs up new information to skew a voter's opinion of a candidate. I hope that we have some honest candidates this time around.

This is just the opinion of one very idealistic young voter. I can dream can't I?

No comments: