Monday, March 31, 2008

This Is the Race that Never Ends

It goes on and on my friends...I know I'm not the only one that remembers the "Song that Never Ends" right? At first it is a fun jingle but very quickly it turns into a frustrating song with the same words over and over again and you just end up wishing the person/people singing would stop. Well this race is beginning to feel like that. Clinton announced yesterday that she will stay in the race until the Democratic Convention in July. Another 3 or 4 months of the same recycled arguments and discussions on TV and all over the blogs. This Democratic primary has been going on/covered for too long and I just wish it would end. Though I support Obama, frankly there is part of me that just wants whoever the Democratic nominee will be to get the nomination already so we can move on. The campaign coverage has been going on for over a year and I, among others, are getting bored. Can we just choose a nominee and move on to actually getting a Democrat elected to the White House? I know that this view is not what the primary, or even Democracy, should be about but so be it. After all, this is the song that never ends

1 comment:

Katherine K. said...

Very well said. It truly is "the campaign that never ends." I agree with every word you said. It was exciting at first, but now it's just getting frustrating. We absolutely need a democrat in office, but if Obama is indeed the Democratic candidate, it might be a tight race because of the whole "experience" issue.